COLONEL ROSE HUNT
Civil Air Patrol Qualifications
Col Rose Hunt joined Civil Air Patrol's Eau Claire Composite Squadron in 1997. During her early CAP career, she worked in the cadet program and personnel, administration, public affairs and finance officer. Hunt also served on the Wisconsin Wing staff as Director of Finance and Chief of Staff – Missions, Deputy Director of Safety, Government Relations Advisor, Wisconsin Wing Vice Commander, and Wisconsin Wing Commander.
Hunt currently serves as the Great Lakes Region Commander and the Region/Wing Commander College Director. Her focus has continually been on growing leaders for the future.
Within the Civil Air Patrol Professional Development program, Hunt completed Level V, earning the Gil Rob Wilson Award. She holds a technician rating in Cadet Programs and a master rating in Finance and Command. Active in Emergency Services, Hunt is rated as Incident Commander, Counterdrug, Operations Section Chief, Planning Section Chief, Air Operations Branch Director, Mission Radio Operator, Mission Staff Assistant, Mission Observer, Urban Direction Finding Team, Finance/Admin Section Chief, and Mission Scanner. She has earned the Distinguished Service Award, two Exceptional Service Awards, three Meritorious Service Awards, three Commander's Commendations, an Achievement Award, a Find Ribbon and the Presidential Disaster Relief Ribbon.
Col Hunt has two sons: Corey, who works in the real estate business in Texas and Ken, who is retired U.S. Air Force and is a former CAP cadet. She enjoys spending time with her fiance, Geoffrey Biedermann, two dogs, and eight grandchildren.
Hunt's leadership abilities are evident in all aspects of her life. Her "can do" positive attitude has contributed to the many successes of her professional and volunteer careers. Negativity is not allowed by her employees or her fellow volunteers. Teamwork is a must, and she leads with the style it takes a team to make a business or organization a success. It is no wonder that with her help, the Great Lakes Region Civil Air Patrol is "The Region of Excellence."
Hands That Heal Chiropractic – McHenry, IL- Office Manager – 2020-Present – Instrumental in rebuilding the office staff and business during Covid19.
Heckel's Restuarants, Inc. Owner/CEO 2008-Present
- CEO 2000-2008 Responsible for all aspects of operations in five restaurants with over 4.2 million dollars in revenue, employed more than 250 people, mentored five management teams and corporate staff of three, established and monitored restaurants weekly, monthly and annual goals, implemented a management bonus system encouraging buy-in from management teams and created training programs for each position in the restaurants. Responsible for negotiating contracts with all vendors to ensure profitability, promoting a culture of safety for our staff and guests, establishing high-quality standards (our mantra is," If You're Not Proud of It, Don't Serve It") all while having a sense of humor and FUN! Provided oversight of opening one new concept restaurant, demolished and replaced another property, and sold three properties, ensuring the owner's best interests were served.
- Executive Assistant 1994-2000 Assisted CEO in all aspects of operations; maintained all food management systems and procedures, marketed and implemented consistent brand awareness, trained and mentored management team members throughout the company, audited restaurant financial reports and vendor food pricing, responsible for programming and networking point of sale systems, monitored customer service reports to ensure quality food and service were being provided in all restaurants.
- General Restaurant Manager 1991-1994 Lead a staff of at least 45 people. Responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures are followed as they pertain to the systems of Restaurant Operations. Accountable for revenue expansion, profitability, customer service, equipment use, and safety and sanitation procedures. Responsible for maintaining optimal customer service in a positive culture at all times to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assistant Restaurant Manager 1990-1991
- Heckel's RestaurantsServer 1989-1990
Civil Air Patrol Career 1997- Present
- Great Lakes Region Commander – 2022-Present – Serves as a member of the Civil Air Patrol Senior Advisor Group (CSAG), provides oversight for Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin Wings, and leads a team of over 6,000 volunteers.
- National Mentoring Program Director – 2020-2022 – Assembled a steering committee to develop and implement a Civil Air Patrol diverse and inclusive mentoring program. The program launched in February 2021.
- Worked with the CFO and committee to examine the recommendation to align all resource requests or budgets to Designed Operational Capability (DOC) statements.
- WI Wing Legislative Squadron Commander 2019-2022 – Work with Governor and Legislators on areas of mutual interest and provide CAP updates. Implemented State Legislative Day in 2013
- Region and Wing Commander College Director 2017-Present – Responsible for program growth, curriculum, mentoring new wing commander and providing continuing education for commanders.
- National Finance Committee Member 2015-2019– A voting member of the national finance committee. Provide feedback to the team from the wing perspective.
- Wing Commander 2014-2018 – Direct oversight of wing finance team maintaining a 'Low' rating for the last four years. Grew the Legislative Squadron from 19 members to the current membership of 106 members and built a great rapport with Governor Walker's office. Took the lead during EAA's Legislative Day and boosted attendance to 45 legislators, aids and family members. Continued to build a relationship with the WI Guard through Maj Gen John McCoy. Region leader in Fertile Keynote missions. Involved in Patriot North--a training exercise for over 3,000 guard and civilian support, providing aerial photography and high bird communications. Shared this expertise by assisting the IAWG set up training and flying the IA Guard similar to the WI Patriot North exercise. Improved the relationship with WI Emergency Management (WEM) through close ties to the Guard, resulting in the Air Operations Committee (AOC) numerous air and ground searches earning county and state recognition. Presented 18 Congressional Gold Medals to WWII Era Civil Air Patrol members or families. Growing cadet program producing countless cadet officers, including 6 Spaatz cadets. Our cadets are the reason we need to continue growing Civil Air Patrol. They are our passion, pride and future. Our annual membership, as of September 30th, was up 4.47 percent.
- Wing Vice Commander 2010-2014 – Direct oversight of wing finance director and team. Responsible for command and control over the Group and Squadron Commanders, hiring and mentoring commanders, promoting effective communication between headquarters and staff, attending and supporting squadron/group events, and promoting a positive culture. Envisioned and executed WIWG's first State Legislative Day in October 2013, resulting in ten new Legislative Squadron members thus far. Instrumental in developing the wing vision, mission statement and strategic plan for 2014-2016. Performs all other duties assigned by the WICC, including oversight of special projects, conferences, Ops/Eval, and our upcoming compliance inspection. WIWG Liaison to Blue Beret. Presented Civil Air Patrol to Optimist Clubs, Rotary Club, Boy Scout Council, EAA Chapters and WI Department of Natural Resources.
- Wing Chief of Staff -Missions 2008-2010 - Direct oversight of Directors related to Civil Air Patrol missions, finance and logistics. Responsible for hiring and mentoring directors and staff, implementing policy and procedure changes, carrying out the vision and culture of our WICC, instrumental in achieving a" Highly Successful" grade on our 2010 compliance inspection, working with our State Director and WI Emergency Management.
- Wing Director of Finance 2006-2008 - Earned a "Very Low" rating on every Wing Audit, successfully implemented the Wing Banking Program and financial aspect of consolidated maintenance, earned a master rating in finance, negotiated contracts for wing conferences and oversees the planning committees for each conference 2006-Present. Also fulfilled the role of Director of FUN!
- Eau Claire Composite Squadron 1997-2006 - Joined Civil Air Patrol when my son wanted to become a cadet. Held positions as Personnel, Administrative and Finance Officer. Earned a Technician rating in cadet programs.
Professional Organizations and Accomplishments
- Lector and Covid19 Re-opening team member – St John the Baptist Church, Johnsburg, IL
- President of the Wisconsin Restaurant Association (West Wisconsin Chapter) - 3 Years
- Vice President of the Wisconsin Restaurant Association (West Wisconsin Chapter) - 4 Years
- Secretary of the Wisconsin Restaurant Association (West Wisconsin Chapter) - 2 Years
- Serve on the State Board of the Wisconsin Restaurant Association as a PAC Trustee - 10 Years
- Outstanding Restaurateur of the Year Wisconsin Restaurant Association (West Wisconsin Chapter) - 2008
- HERO Award Recipient Wisconsin Restaurant Association - 2013
- United Commercial Traveler's AuxiliaryVice President 2 Years and President 1 Year
- Junior Achievements classroom volunteer teacher for three classrooms – 13 Years
- Boy Scouts – Den Mother and Scout Master - 4 Years
- Member of the Optimist Club - 3 Years
- Member of the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
- Member of the Chippewa Falls and Eau Claire Chambers of Commerce
- Member of the Welfare 2 Work Steering Committee under Gov. Tommy Thompson - 2 years
- Served on the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce tourism and marketing committee - 2 Years