GLR Emergency Services Conference
Friday - Sunday, December 8-10, 2023, a Great Lakes Region Emergency Services Conference will be held at Ft Custer, Mi Education and Training Center. Mission # 24-T-4052
Schedule at a glance
Friday - 1800-2300 arrival and social in E177
Saturday - Breakfast TBD, General Assembly 0800-0845 and 0900-0945, Breakouts 1000- 1045, 1100-1145, Lunch 1145-1315, Breakouts 1315-1400, 1415-1500, 1515-1600, 1615- 1700, dinner TBD, social after dinner to 2100
Sunday - Breakfast TBD, General Assembly 0800-0845, breakouts 0900-0945, 1000-1045, and 1100-1145, demob
Cadets can attend. They (their squadron) must arrange for Senior Member chaperones. The Conference will not be responsible for coordinating chaperones for CPP coverage.
Participants may take part in the following projected training:
a. Briefing on Fertile Keynote missions
b. Mission panel review of 23-M-0410 (Western Michigan missing aircraft)
c. SARTOPO presentation
d. Briefing on GIS
e. Lost person behavior information.
f. Incident Action Plan
g. ICS General and Command Staff
h. CAPR 70-3 updates
i. C206 FLIR capability and static display
j. ANG/HLS/MSP/ USCG coordination
k. NESA and NESA MTT
l. Ready OP
n. Ground photography
o. CISM p. PIO Basics and Mock Press Conference
1) Ground: GLR will open an A5 mission in WMIRS to pay all ground transportation costs to and from the training conference for all attendees.
a) All members attending must be signed into the mission in WMIRS
b) Ground sorties entered in WMIRS
c) POV Vehicles must be signed into the mission
d) Fuel receipts must be uploaded to WMIRS sorties
2) Air. Michigan Wing has opened a separate A5 mission to fund aviation transportation to and from the conference for MICHIGAN WING AIRCRAFT ONLY. Other Wings may choose to open A5 missions to fund air transportation to and from the conference. BTL is the airport identifier, and Duncan Aviation is the preferred FBO.
3) There will be a minimum of two CAP corporate vans available to shuttle crews to and from the airport for individuals who fly into KBTL. Previous arrangements must be made.
A block of 75 lodging rooms has been reserved on base. More are available. Each attendee must reserve and pay for their room via credit card at (269) 282-7508
1) Twin $20.
2) Queen $22.50
3) Queen Private $25
4) Queen Suite $27.50
Messing. With a paid registration fee, 4 meals are included.
1) Saturday, Dec 9: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
2) Sunday, Dec 10 Breakfast
Uniform of the Day.
1) The desired uniform for all personnel is ABU or Corporate CAP Field Uniform (Blue BDU or Polo and Grey Uniform.
2) Due to the facility and location on Ft Custer, it is not recommended that USAF Blues or Aviator White shirt combinations be worn.
3) Full USAF service dress and corporate CAP Blazer are not authorized for this meeting.
4) USAF or Corporate Flight Duty uniforms are authorized for wear by aircrew-qualified personnel.
You will be directed to complete the form and submit payment via Paypal using a credit/debit card. Refunds less $5 are possible until 1 week prior.
Registration closes at 2350 EST on 3 Dec 2023
Mission # 24-T-4052
For questions, please get in touch with Col Philip Argenti, firstname.lastname@example.org Great Lakes Region Deputy Chief of Staff - Emergency Services